1. Jewellery Redesign
Once the quote is approved and a deposit placed, the client is 100% agreeing to their jewellery being dismantled and their gold melted. This process cannot be reversed.
2. Third Party Jewellery & Gemstones
Burns & Forge Jewellers Inc. does not accept responsibility or liability for any pre-existing or new damage to gemstones or jewellery supplied by the client for jewellery re-design or repairs. If we did not create the piece of jewellery or supply the gemstones we cannot guarantee the craftsmanship or quality/durability of the item.
We advise that all gemstones, diamonds and jewellery items be appraised and insured prior to commencing any jewellery redesign project or repairs. Gemstones and Diamonds are fragile and are not invincible, so in the rare event that the jewellery or gemstones are damaged in the creation or repair process, we want to ensure that our clients have proper insurance coverage so they can be reimbursed for their loss.
3. Manufacturer’s Warranty
Our 6-month limited warranty covers:
- Structural issues due to a fault in the creation process, upon which Burns & Forge will gladly make repairs at no cost.
- Any damages that occurred to a jewellery item that is the obvious result from wear or improper care or storage is not covered under this warranty, although we would be happy to repair it for you (charges may apply)
- Should any small gemstones come loose, Burns & Forge will replace them free of charge.
- Includes one complimentary sizing within two ring sizes during the lifespan of a Burns & Forge original design.
- We highly suggest that you have us inspect your Burns & Forge jewellery every 6 months to check for any maintenance that may be required.
- We will happily clean any original Burns & Forge piece free of charge.
- Should another jeweller perform any repairs, resizing or alterations to a Burns & Forge piece, the Manufacturer’s Warranty is no longer valid as we cannot guarantee the workmanship of another jeweller.